DR. Schell and DR. Yazdani Welcome New Patients to Our Practice
We are not your average dentist. We believe in treating the whole person and providing individualized care tailored to your needs and expectations. Our new patient exam is a great example. We treat each patient’s first visit as an opportunity to provide a comprehensive evaluation of your oral health, as well as to get to know you and ask questions about your dental care and history.
At the first appointment, we:
- Take photographs of your teeth and a full mouth set of x-rays.
- Use low radiation digital x-rays and digital intraoral and extraoral cameras to get a comprehensive view of your teeth, gums, and jaw structure. Large digital monitors allow you to see what we see and are indispensable for discussion of treatment options.
- Perform a periodontal (gum and tissue) exam including charting of all periodontal pockets (the space from the gum to the bone).
- Evaluate all soft and hard tissues for oral cancer with a thorough clinical exam. We also offer an additional screening for oral cancer called the VELscope.
- Check for facial muscle soreness and evaluate your jaw joint (TMJ) as well as signs of clenching and grinding.
- Screen for snoring and sleep apnea.
By the end of your initial exam our goal is for you to have a detailed understanding of your oral health. We often discuss treatment options at this initial appointment, although we are happy to set up a separate appointment, if necessary, to discuss more complicated treatment plans.
Appointments are available Monday through Friday for your convenience. Once an appointment has been made, please remember that this time has been specifically reserved for you. No charge will be made for rescheduling an appointment provided 24 hour notice is given. If you do cancel on short notice or give no notice, you may be required to put a deposit down toward future appointments.
Our office offers automated text and email appointment reminders. For those patients that do not wish to use this service, we do our best to provide a telephone reminder four days before your appointment. This is done as a courtesy only. The appointment time is reserved for you even if we are not able to personally confirm the appointment with you.
Choosing the right dentist is very important. Your long term dental health is our first priority.
Your dental insurance benefits are based on the type of policy your employer has purchased for you, not on your individual oral health needs. Dr. Schell and Dr. Yazdani always recommend what we believe is the best treatment for your individual needs. We will discuss treatment options and offer you the most long lasting and comfortable treatment available.
Our financial policy is centered on providing clear information on fees and treatment options so you can obtain the level of care that is right for you.
- We participate with Delta Dental in order to provide the highest benefits possible for our patients using their coverage plans.
- We cooperate with all dental carriers in submitting accurate, timely electronic claims.
- We are experienced in using medical codes where appropriate for maximum patient reimbursement.
- We are able to keep our fees affordable by asking that you pay your copays as services are provided. Any outstanding balance that remains after your insurance company has paid the claim is your sole responsibility.
- Individual financial plans for more extensive treatment can be arranged with our financial manager.
Our aim is to allow you to get the treatment you desire and the lifelong benefits of a healthy smile.